WFSU-TV/The Florida Channel is seeking Production Technicians, Job Ids# 49393, 49397.
The Florida Channel - located in Tallahassee, FL - produces 24/7, year-round coverage of all three branches of state government. Programming includes gavel-to-gavel coverage of a wide variety of state proceedings, along with a wide variety of documentary and public affairs programs and segments covering issues of interest and importance to all Floridians. The programming is delivered statewide by satellite and is also available on the Internet.
In our Capitol Complex location, you will serve as part of the TFC Interstitial Programming and Promotions Unit.
- Travels to various locations around the state to conduct interviews, shoot broll, log, write, and edit stories related to TFC programming
- Serves as robotics camera director
- Serves in various daily production roles
- Serves as a back-up Remote Events Crew member on dispatched shoots with duties including equipment setup, camera operation, and equipment breakdown
- Associate's degree in a related area and three years of related work experience in a broadcast television environment.
- Ability to travel as required and work a set assigned schedule M-F year-round as well as be flexible as required - hours will vary depending on department needs and may include weekends & evenings work.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience operating and setting up/breaking down related equipment and software used for field and studio production; to include cameras, switchers, lights, microphones, non-linear editing equipment, audio equipment, computer assisted graphics technologies/software, and related equipment etc.?
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position to include, but not be limited to sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending, reaching, dexterity, etc.
- A valid State of Florida or Georgia driver's license or the ability to obtain upon hire.
Ideal candidate must be able to multi-task, troubleshoot, communicate effectively, adapt to change, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines. Must be able to interact with co-workers and other departments in a professional manner.
(Note: or vocational/technical training in a related area and three years of related work experience in a broadcast television environment)
The minimum is $28,500 annually dependent on education and experience.
If these opportunities sound interesting to you, visit us by clicking APPLY NOW to learn more and apply. Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. New users will need to register to apply. Only applicants who apply online and complete the two-steps listed in the How to Apply section will be considered.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.