Engineering Product Specialist, Internet Services Hardware Engineering
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 19, 2021
Role Number: 200266891
Do you have a passion for new technology development? The Internet Services Organization at Apple is seeking an Engineering Product Specialist to order material for development builds and qualifications, structure Agile PLM BOMs, coordinate across engineering teams for new hardware programs. We are responsible for leading data center hardware engineering development from product concept to mass production. We are looking for a talented EPS to support the hardware engineering design team on developing new hardware supporting Apple online services!
- Experience as a program specialist or program coordinator on a hardware project
- Previous experience structuring BOMs and AVLs from an L5 (PCA) through L12 (fully integrated Rack)
- Familiar with components and structure of a server platform
- Agile PLM experience
- Experience working with overseas vendors
- Experience teaming with contract manufacturers in coordinating PCB/PCA and System integration builds
- Experience managing material and logistics for hardware builds
- Experience with hardware project schedules
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexibility with the skill to anticipate and react to changes in a multifaceted environment
- Ability to work on many projects at a time
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Ability to Structure and Build multi-level product BOMs
- Understand configuration management and BOM structuring
- Document Control - Drive standard methodologies through documentation control policies and procedures across functions
- Combination of organizational and detail-oriented skills when working on different projects
- Experience directing and coordinating multilayer builds from PCA through to final system.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)!
- Ability to adapt to updates in a diverse and time critical environment
- Ability to influence, passionately communicate and drive deadlines with vendors (either CM or part vendors)
- Off-hours support required via email and phone
- Proficient in MS Excel and Project
What will the candidate do in this role? As an EPS, you will manage logistics for the hardware development team to provide the plans and over see the materials and tooling for engineering development builds, coordinate across program teams, working closely to support the team leads. You will be responsible for: Defining the strategy and structure of the platform and configuration BOMs during engineering development, production, and sustaining support. Tracking engineering changes through review process. Ensure build readiness for all development builds. Manage communication with vendors and CM partners closely to ensure execution is on schedule, issues are getting removed and actions are being completed. Drive actions to the development program team. Manages the program schedule to ensure it is kept up to date Assists the Project Lead in managing and running the engineering core team
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree, or 3+ years of proven experience.