HVAC Technician 2
Req # 21013
Operate, maintain and repair all equipment used for heating, ventilation and air conditioning of college building equipment. This includes operations of a central heating plant utilizing steam and/or hot water for tempering or heating building, and a central chilled water plant to provide cooling to all buildings. This position will be required to work regular, swing and Graveyard shifts at any campus when needed. Provides excellent customer service to create a comfortable environment in which to study, teach and learn at all campuses...
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain and repair all HVAC equipment and components to manufacturers recommendation, i.e. valves, motors, belts, bearings, filters, and lubrication etc.
- Prepare boilers for State inspection, including any refractory work, cleaning and installing new seals on shell of boiler and water side inspection ports.
- Run the Boiler plant and Chiller plants to maintain system temperatures and equipment runtimes through the Metasys System, Automated Logic and Auto-Flame as well as manually.
- Be familiar with cooling tower operations and repair potential problems. Services, install, repair and replace refrigeration systems including split systems, chillers, packaged units etc.
- Know locations of all HVAC equipment and how they relate to each building.
- Make rounds of all equipment rooms, identify and repair any potential problems and keep the systems and rooms clean.
- Locate electrical disconnects for all buildings and equipment to work on equipment safely.
- Operate, maintain and repair all equipment used for heating, ventilation and air conditioning of College buildings.
- Operate equipment management controls (Metasys and automated logic) to be able to start, stop, seek status or change conditions on HVAC systems.
- Complete and close out Work Orders in the CMMS and enter time worked and materials used.
- Complete all College required training courses.
- Respond to fire alarms systems and be familiar with the fire panels.
- Other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Two (2) to four (4) years of direct, paid, full time experience in HVAC
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate college vehicles
- EPA Universal Certification • Must be able to move 80 pounds
- Must be able to work from a ladder
- Position requires working day, swing and graveyard shifts at any campus when needed.
- Ability to maintain and repair all HVAC component to manufacturers recommendation, i.e. valves, motors, belts, bearings, filters, and lubrication etc.
- Ability to complete all College required training course
- Ability to take direction from supervisor
- Must know how to prepare boilers for State inspection, including any refractory work, cleaning and installing new seals on shell of boiler and water side inspection ports.
- Must be able to replace bearings and seals on centrifugal pumps, change bearings on fan systems, motors and pump shafts.
- Ability to operate Boiler plant and Chiller plants to maintain system temperatures and equipment run times through the Metasys, Automated logic and Auto-Flame Systems.
- Must become familiar with cooling tower operations and repair potential problems.
- Become familiar with the Fire System and respond to fire alarms and troubles as needed.
- Must be able to service, install, repair and replace refrigeration systems.
- Understand the different types of air distribution systems such as VAV, Double Duct, etc.
- Good knowledge of computer operation for use on our energy management system, Metasys and Automated logic programs and our Preventative Maintenance and work order system (CMMS: Sprocket).
- Knowledge of all Mechanical and Control Systems at all SLCC Campuses.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain goof working relationships across the College.
- Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilitie.
Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above.
More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/docs/benefits/benefits-summary-current.pdf
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.
All Candidates must apply at SLCC job site.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply”.
SLCC is an AA/EEO employer.