Receives, obtains, processes and analyzes specimens for laboratory analysis on all patient age groups.
- Collect and process venous and capillary samples from all patient age groups.
- Conducts and interprets performance evaluations on laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Maintains laboratory equipment per manufacturers guidelines.
- Conduct required tests as ordered by physician.
- Assist in supervision and training of employees.
- Participate in QA, QC, accreditation and regulatory activities.
- Maintain work station.
- All areas of the laboratory: blood bank, basic microbiology, phlebotomy, and computer operation.
AGE-RELATED COMPETENCIES: Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to identify age-specific patient needs appropriate for this position.
Information Management: Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
Risk Management/Quality Management/Safety: Cooperates fully in all Risk Management, Quality Management, and Safety Activities and Investigations.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Education Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Technology or related field.
Work Experience Two years generalist preferred.
Training Blood bank required, microbiology and phlebotomy preferred.
License/Certification ASCP, AMT, HHS or NCA certification or registry eligible within 90 days of hire.
ENVIROMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work environment consists of daily patient contact, which may include exposure to blood, or other body fluids.
Click APPLY below to be considered today!!