Check Out This Exciting Opportunity!
We're giving YOU a $500 Sign On Bonus!...Don't need a job? Refer a friend and YOU BOTH receive $500!
Are you experienced in property maintenance? Do you have excellent customer service skills?
DHM Properties is actively seeking Maintenance Technicians to perform general maintenance activities for our apartment communities in the Greater Rochester Region. DHM Properties, a large and growing Property Management Company headquartered in Albany, NY, currently manages and operates over 8,000 apartments throughout the NY, CT, MA and NH markets.
What is the job?
As a Maintenance Technician, you will perform the general maintenance repairs, apartment make ready execution, and preventive maintenance at our apartment communities. This includes but is not limited to the daily operations at the community in the areas of landscaping, carpentry, painting, fencing, roofing repairs, plumbing and light electrical as well as all routine and preventative maintenance required to maintain the physical integrity of the community.
Responsibilities include:(but are not limited to)
- Vacant Unit Make-Ready Execution:
- Execute the general maintenance required to prepare newly vacated apartments for new move-in’s which includes painting, minor plumbing, light electrical, appliance and carpentry repairs.
- Work Order Request Fulfillment:
- Manages the process of completing various work order requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicate status of work order projects to supervisor and office management.
- Overall Property Condition Maintenance:
- Conduct regular inspections of buildings, grounds, and vacant units to identify deficiencies and communicate concerns and issues with supervisor and office staff.
- Perform snow removal and salting duties of the community on an as needed basis.
- Customer Service:
- Provide excellent customer service to residents and supports the company’s commitment to going above and beyond residents’ expectations in a professional, can-do manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge and experience in various general maintenance functions that include Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Carpentry and Appliance repairs.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control even under timelines.
- Initiative to identify and positively resolve problems within the established company processes and guidelines.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with managers, co-workers, vendors and residents to exchange or convey information and to give or receive work direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be at work regularly and on time.
Must have a valid driver’s license & acceptable driving record
Reliable transportation required
Ability to work weekends or extended hours as required, including on-call rotation
- Constant need to be on feet; bend, stoop, squat; climb stairs, push or pull, reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turning; finger dexterity; writing; shoveling; lifting/carrying in the performance of maintenance duties.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
DHM Properties offers highly competitive wages, and benefits, including health, dental, voluntary life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, as well as company paid Employee Assistance Program. We also offer a 401(k)-retirement plan with a company match and Flexible Spending Plan. We also support development and progression from within!
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Call for more info: 518.465.4500