Engineering Program Manager, Hardware Eng Tools & Data Analytics
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Jul 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200267899
The Hardware Engineering Strategic Support team is a unique organization focused on enabling and improving business and operational outcomes both for Hardware Engineering and other Apple organizations we support. Put simply, we are here to provide services that enable the business to run well. Delivering on this promise takes consistent innovation because the world is (almost) always changing around us. We are looking for an imaginative and resourceful Engineering Project Manager that thrives on pushing the limits of what's considered feasible, to guide us making internal products that blend ease of use with powerful integrated feature sets all with an unsurpassed attention to detail.
- The Must-Haves:
- Experience with project management tools, effectively dealing with team, scope, communication, stakeholders and risk management
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban for large distributed teams
- Demonstrated ability to evangelize development best practices for high quality software
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
- The Nice-to-Have:
- Hands on managing teams for Xcode OS X development, Swift or Objective-C a plus
- Exposure to teams utilizing modern web frameworks and/or libraries such as Symfony, Laravel, Spark, Grails, EmberJS, Angular, MonoRail
- The Usual:
- Working knowledge of source control software such as Git.
- Ability to multi-task and manage task prioritization and manage the information effectively across the organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and management
- Thrive for data integrity, scalability, high availability and easy maintainability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new methodologies and implement in short time
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team
- At times if projects offer any ambiguity pose the ability to find a path to move forward
- Ability to motivate the team
As an Engineering Project Manager, you will be part of a collaborative team of talented UX UI engineers, full stack web engineers, iOS engineers, Data Scientists, and QA engineers. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, and extensive software engineering project management experience. From brainstorming through implementation, as an Engineer Project Manager, you will manage the development and implementation processes across several of Hardware Engineering's internal products and services. You will coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new applications or upgrading existing products. You will also monitor the project's metrics from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and tracking budget/spending. You should be able to organize cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints. As an Engineering Project Manager, you should be comfortable wearing many hats. You should be able to work in an agile environment with changing priorities and critical deadlines. Open communication and healthy debate are paramount to your success within the team as well as the ability to empower teams by focusing on the continuous improvement of engineering best practices.
Education & Experience
BA or BS minimum in Computer Science or equivalent degree, and 3-5 years' experience.