SPG iOS Software Engineer - UI Application
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200228692
As a Software Engineer within Apple's Special Projects Group (SPG), you will be part of a team creating new and innovative experiences for human interaction with autonomous technology. You will be prototyping and developing apps and frameworks on Apple internal iOS platforms to build cutting-edge UX and UI. We work in a fast paced, startup-like environment and you will be part of every stage of development working multi-functionally with user interface designers, mechanical, electrical, and controls engineers from concept phase to deployment. We are looking for an on-device full-stack engineer who is passionate about software quality and user experience.
- Proficient in Swift and/or Objective-C.
- Familiarity with common iOS frameworks.
- Hands-on experience shipping high quality iOS applications with highly responsive, interactive UI.
- Strong understanding of software architecture, algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, and design with keen eye to best practices and design patterns.
- Effective communicator, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with all levels of engineers and people in other fields.
- 3+ years experience with software engineering, design, problem solving, and debugging.
- Motivated self-starter and great teammate who thrives working in a dynamic environment and learning new technologies.
This position requires a proactive engineer with strong technical and interpersonal skills to handle responsibilities including: - Design, architect and implement new apps and frameworks primarily in Swift/Objective-C. - Understand product requirements, engage with team members and customers to define solutions, and estimate the scope of work required. - Deliver solutions that can keep up with a rapidly evolving product. - Develop software that works in safety-critical environments, and build test and verification pipelines that ensure reliability and resiliency. - Write comprehensive unit tests and work closely with software integration teams for the software you deliver. - Shell and Python scripting (e.g. for test tools development). - Participate in architecture and code reviews, and hiring interviews.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- While the following skills aren't required, knowledge of one or more of these areas would be valuable:
- - Knowledge & experience with C.
- - Knowledge of 3D rendering or experience building 3D apps using SceneKit, Metal or Open GL.