As a natural problem-solver, you thrive on challenges. You're also an expert at implementing solutions.
Sodexo is seeking an Accountant-with our Accounts Receivable Department out our Financial Service Center. This position is based out of the Cheektowaga, NY office. This position will support the Monday through Friday shift from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (EST).
This position requires advanced competencies at the Mastery level which will strengthen the team to resolve complex AR issues and improve engagement.
We are looking for candidates who will be responsible for:
- Identify & initiate coaching and training on company policies, procedures, policies and systems, problem resolution techniques and effective communication.
- Coach and monitor results for technical development of others. Lead projects with guidance.
- Reviews and approves all Accounts Receivable write-offs & adjustment requests to ensure GAAP, company policy and objective accounting judgment is applied.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of Accounts Receivable reporting. Investigate and resolve issues.
- Ensure integrity of business line internal financial reporting preparing balance sheet analysis and reconciliations.
- Consistently apply objective accounting judgment to knowledge of contractual agreements & company policy.
- Analyze & resolve assigned general ledger accounts. Set analysis standards and provide guidance to Accounts Receivable staff to resolve general ledger issues.
- Gather and analyze accounts receivable data to improve overall effectiveness of the Accounts Receivable control environment, fraud detection and department efficiencies
- Work proactively to prevent problems anticipating changing operational and client needs.
- Identify and implement process improvements or efficiencies.
- support multiple segment projects
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- detailed oriented, flexible, and have the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- excellent organization, communication and project management skills.
- Accounting/bookkeeping background
- Ability to analyze & resolve general ledger
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you? At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.