Sodexo has an exciting new opening for an Accounting Analyst in the Government Accounting dept at our office in Cheektowaga, NY.
- Prepare and provide support for the calculation of Indirect Overhead rates and G&A rates and the issuance of annual Certified Operating Statements. Assist with the preparation of required Federal Government Contracting filings such as annual Incurred Cost Submissions, CASB Disclosure Statements. Develop and prepare supporting costing models and detailed workpaper documentation as needed.
- Demonstrated strong level of experience utilizing data query/financial systems to gather and analyze data to use for various business decisions/internal management reporting, regulatory submissions and audits.
- Responsible for conducting and documenting complex financial analysis for various business decisions and accounting related activities
- Prepare supporting schedules for and provide necessary guidance to Government Services personnel on proposals and Requests for equitable adjustments. Report issues and findings to Government Accounting Manager and Director II; assist with escalation and resolution as needed.
- Provide support for the performance of DCAA audit activities, including all follow-up, as required. Coordinate the compilation of necessary financial and contractual data. Assist with the development of management responses and corrective action plans and communicate deficiencies through escalation procedures.
- Consistently apply Federal Acquisition Regulation cost principles, Cost Accounting Standards, and GAAP principles and objective accounting judgment to knowledge of contractual agreements and company policy.
- Interpret and implement requirements under client contracts and amendments. Review new contract/unit set-ups for compliance with contractual and Federal regulatory requirements. Assist other accountants with interpretation of difficult contract terms. Assist with issue resolution to reduce exposure and monitor activity to ensure compliance with contractual terms and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the integrity of business line internal financial reporting, client income statements and billings. Provide higher-level activity analysis of assigned units by performing detailed general ledger account and variance analysis to reduce financial exposure and address reconciliation concerns. Set analysis standards and provide guidance to accountants to resolve general ledger issues.
- Coordinate with Division Finance and General Accounting to ensure correct treatment of any related balance sheet account reconciliation issues.
- Maintain company financial systems and databases. Identify revisions to existing accounting systems to maintain the appropriate level of information availability, ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with Federal regulatory requirements
Has working knowledge and experience in own discipline. Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.