Sodexo has a new opening for an Accounting Clerk in the Fixed Assets department at our Financial Services Center in Cheektowaga, NY. The Finanical Shared Services Center handles accounting for all of our North American operations.
- Process vendor payments for Fixed Asset and Prepaid Expense purchases.
- Establish and maintain related records on the SAP Fixed Asset sub-ledger.
- Verify proper approval levels for all transactions.
- Determine proper accounting treatment for transactions based on the nature of activity, contractual terms, and Sodexo guidelines and policies.
- Review and initiate proper sales tax processing.
- Interacts with Division Finance, Field Operators and external Vendors.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Serve as part of ACD response group for asset team.
Minimum Education/Experience Preferred
- Two (2) years Accounting/Business courses (including High School)
- 4-6 years related accounting experience
- Associate's Degree in Accounting or Business (preferred)
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required
- Knowledge of Fixed Asset accounting and Accounts Payable processing, SAP experience with fixed assets strongly desired
- Demonstrated problem solving and research skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
Typically administers a program(s) or a portion of a program(s) within a department. Provides support by gathering information for analysis, reports and correspondences. Program(s) may have a Division-wide or company-wide scope. Work is generally administrative or project oriented, but is generally structured and repetitive in nature. Procedures and guidelines are predetermined to prescribe how the assignments should be performed. Works under general supervision, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.