You're excited by the latest culinary trends. You're a modern, cutting-edge culinarian. Bring your culinary know-how to University Dining accounts in New Orlean and Mississippi where you will support multiple accounts and be the champion of all culinary systems.
Sodexo is seeking an Area Executuve Chef to support Universities business in New Orleans and Mississippi. This is a regional position and the successful candidate will need to be located in Mississippi.
The qualified individual will have significant knowledge of Sodexo systems and culinary stanrdards. The position will be based out of a main unit but will travel to district accounts to train, support, implement and evaluate culinary standards and practices across the district. The district includes 9 colleges and universities representing $55M in managed volume and over 15 Executive Chefs! Catering and concessions experience is very beneficial.
The successful candidate will:
- lead District Culinary team
- develop and implement center of excellence for Chef and Production Manager onboarding, hourly and management staff training, culinary quality, and labor management;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance;
- perform culinary and safety audits during account visits;
- recommend needed actions and provide follow up;
- provide best practices for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills;
- ServSafe certified trainer, desired;
- clear understanding of the Universities business model, and all associated cost control methods;
- develop and execute a strategy to accelerate business growth throughout the region;
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.