Circles, an integral part of Sodexo's Quality of Life Solutions, has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager.
This is a remote based role with a preference for the person to be located in the New England area.
Circles has a long history of providing exceptional personal and business support services, that have a significant impact on the well-being of our consumers while driving business outcomes for our clients. Circles offers a wide range of services that make the everyday life simpler and more fulfilling. Circles is proud to work with many local, national, and global companies.
To support the continued growth of the company and the increased demand for our services, we are looking for an energetic, self-motivated sales professional who thrives on working with some of the best brands on the world with a consultative and assertive approach.
Working closely with the Global Head of Sales, the Manager, Busines Development will be responsible for sourcing and securing new business through direct to market sales channels and channel partners. The position will require a solid understanding of industry specific trends as well as Circles' products and services. You will be responsible for acquiring new clients and business throughout U.S. with a heavy focus on the professional services and healthcare industries.
This is a cross-functional role that requires exceptional interpersonal skills and close collaboration between various departments within Circles. In this role, you will be comfortable taking strategic direction and executing on key deliverables to attain our ambitious growth and service excellence goals; own the sales, accounts, and business development strategy. You will have proven success working under minimal guidance, exceeding goals, constantly innovating, and working in a very fast paced, highly cross functional environment.
- Formulate, execute, and refine as needed the sales strategy that will drive revenues, focused on new client development
- Manage the new business development process - from generating and qualifying sales leads to meeting with prospects and closing opportunities to achieve assigned sales goals
- Manage to and meet defined activity, conversion, pipeline, and revenue objectives
- Respond to customers' questions about products, services, and prices. Provide practical information to customers as required
- Be a strategic member of Circles' global Sales community; actively participate in defining Circles' strategy with the wider Sodexo group
- Preparing, submitting, and presenting proposals, RFP responses and presentations
- Document all client interactions in Circles' CRM solution
- Collaborate with marketing to increase new customer acquisition and conversion
- Generate new qualified opportunities and appointments through direct outbound calling
- Internally prospect within the Sodexo organization to initiate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders by creating business synergies across the Sodexo businesses
- Works closely with Operations to ensure solutions and assets are appropriately and efficiently delivered to customers
- Research, create, develop targeted prospect lists for outbound activity. Share, learn and collaborate with your colleagues and Manager to develop strategies, improve conversion, and provide amazing customer service
- Maintain market Intelligence, knowledge of competition and positioning
- Manage accounts and relationships brought on
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Appetite for challenges and results driven
- Demonstrable sales success using a consultative sales approach preferably in the services industry
- Experience selling enterprise solutions to human resources and/or real estate leaders, preferably to Fortune 500 clients
- Focus on client and customer, e.g. ability to initiate and maintain effective business relationships with clients, to interpret client needs and find tailored solutions to each specific customer
- Experience communicating and presenting to C-level audiences
- Ability to manage long and complex sales processes
- Solid, successful, and specific experience in B2B sales activities, minimum 5 years
- Familiarity with the dynamics and purchasing procedures in large corporations
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Possess excellent customer service skills to consistently deliver a best in class customer experience in a fast paced, structured corporate environment
- PC Skills: Salesforce CRM, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask, attention to detail and follow through
- Smart, competitive, confident, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Resourcefulness with aptitude for research and creative
- Work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Project an approachable and professional image
Circles offers a competitive compensation package as well as full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, short term and long term disability coverage, unlimited paid time off and 30 day sabbatical.
- Investigates and analyses new and expanded business opportunities; develops and maintains positive business relationships with new and existing clients; builds both internal and external networks
- Examines client needs to maximize business and/or solutions for business concerns; performs cost-benefits and needs analysis
- Embodies Sodexo Global Sales Academy and Selling the Sodexo Way framework; Leads the process for sales presentations, proposals, and assists in the development of contractual sales documents. and leads contracting strategy and negotiations
- Develops and implements the business plan, budget and forecasts to achieve sales, market share, hit rates and market growth targets to attain overall financial goals, and fulfills all CRM reporting and data quality requirements
- Researches growth strategies and competitor practices and strategies to evaluate and implement new strategies
- This dual sales role is responsible for selling profitable new business and generating new revenue growth from the right clients under the right terms for Sodexo, and/or supporting retention or managing a portfolio of accounts. As a new sales developer, secures continued business development opportunities for the Company. As a retention specialist secures continued business with existing accounts. As an account management professional, maintains and maximizes client relationships. Develops business solutions to improve client operations and reduce operating costs based on knowledge of organizational strengths and weaknesses, technological advances, external trends, competitors and customer needs. Upholds Company mission and values and provides Quality of Life offers in coordination with Segment objectives
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.