*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE*
Work in an environment that appreciates your sense of ownership, mentorship and teamwork.
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Catering Executive Chef 2for Muhlenberg College located in Allentown, PA. The Catering Chef will be innovative and deliver amazing, fresh, from scratch meals for varying party sizes. The events will range from coffee-service to upscale receptions. Muhlenberg College is looking to be ahead of the trends! This is a great opportunity to showcase your creativity with executing high-volume catering events, passion in culinary management and a chance to advance as a culinary leader while demonstrating your success in managing a high-volume catering environment.
Muhlenberg College is a highly selective, private, four-year residential, liberal arts college offering baccalaureate and graduate programs with 2300 resident students and a recently completed $20M expansion and renovation to the Student Center. This campus boasts a spectacular dining room and state of the art food gallery with meat and dairy kosher stations. Seegers Union has 2 retail locations, catering, and residential dining in one building. Resident dining volume is $5M, catering is $1.7M and retail volume is $2.1K annually.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience in high-volume catering on and off-site;
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Muhlenberg Collegeat https://www.muhlenberg.edu/ Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits Not the job for you? At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs. Working for Sodexo: At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.