Join a great team where students are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is hiring a Catering Manager 2 at Curry College. At Curry College, we are all about connecting people with academic and personal opportunity. The Catering Manager role is key to managing successful donor events as well as working with campus partners in student engagement events. Our successful candidate will be an expert at finding out what our customers want and exceeding customer expectations. The role here at Curry College due to our size/volume is very hands on it is not a solely an executive or "desk" position. Manager will be active in assisting the setup, execution and break down of events. This is very important as this role needs to be able to handle client interactions, administration of catering(Catertrax, some ordering, beer/wine, inventory, etc) and also be hands on. Excellent multitasking skills and delegation are vital. Also involves resident dinning as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Three consecutive years of food service experience in high volume catering management;
- Extensive formal training in Catering services, with particular emphasis on customer service, event planning and presentation, and event management;
- Strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high end catering experience;
- Strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge and food and beverage cost controls;
- Technical competence in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front-line hourly employees and managers
- Superior interpersonal skills and have the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors;
- Effective communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo's organizations,
- Exceptional time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Identify internal and external customer needs and expectations
- Ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met
- Educate and develop rapport with internal/external customers and promote partnerships
- Promote a customer and client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs
- Coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions - when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.