Yes - According to Grade
Join a team that embraces your love for working with people, mentoring them as they achieve personal and professional goals!!
*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE!*
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 2 for Truman State University located in Kirksville, MO. Nestled in the heart of Northeast Missouri, Kirksville boasts a historic downtown square surrounded by a 3,000 acre state park and some of the nation's top hunting grounds. From classic small town festivals to premier cultural events, Kirksville's vibrant blend of art, history, recreation and nature will impress you.
Truman State University has been ranked for 18 consecutive years as the #1 public university in the Mid-West region by U.S. News & World Report and ranked #19 on Kiplinger's list of the 100 Best Public College Values in the nation. With a student enrollment of approximately 5000 plus 1500 faculty members, our food operations include 2 resident dining halls, retail food venues and catering.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal Catering Manager will:
- Oversee all the catering operations at Truman State University.
- Use catertrax to create menus and place orders and keep it up to date.
- Hire, Train, Mentor and provide professional development for frontline hourly teams
- Identify customer needs and expectations
- Ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met
- Educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships
- Promote a customer and client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs
- Coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results
- Maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction
- Ensure all HAACP standards are followed
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- demonstrated knowledge of catering and catering logistics, casual and fine dining, and banquet management;
- excellent event execution/planning skills, and is visionary regarding food presentation;
- excellent client/customer, guest, and employee relations skills as well as stellar verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to work independently and collaboratively with managers, to execute the daily operational goals of the catering department through direct supervision of non-exempt/hourly employees, including hiring, orientating, scheduling, training, and developing employees;
- excellent time management skills and the drive to get the job done with excellence in a timely manner;
- the foresight to anticipate problems that may affect customer experience and financial outcomes and the flexibility to quickly correct them with little or no impact to customer relations or the operation.
Learn more about Truman State University at https://www.truman.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.