Yes - According to Grade
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 3 for our account at Lynn University located in Sunny Boca Raton, Florida. Relocation is available!
The right candidate will have strong customer service skills, strong organization, and be able to ensure the successful execution of all catering events. Our successful Catering Manager will WOW our clients with flawless execution for casual and high-profile events taking place around the campus. Do you excel at building excellent relationship with clients and developing teams? This leader will manage catering sales, and hire and develop a professional full-time, part-time and on call catering team. A great opportunity for someone with multiple years of Catering experience!
If you have experience at all service levels from coffee services, served meals, drop-offs to high-end events and everything in between, we hope you will apply. Proven ability to plan, coordinate, setup and execute high profile specialty events numerous times during the year is key to success at this account. Organizational and planning skills, as well as experience overseeing events are areas where our successful candidates need to have a proven track record and can speak to this experience in detail. Maintaining a keen interest of food, trends, and unique presentations as well as a desire to establish new looks, tastes and flavors in this operation will also aid in the success of the account.
Are you the experienced Catering Manager we're seeking?
We are seeking Catering Manager candidates with the following in their skills in their "toolkits":
- A strong artistic flair in relation to catered events - can you impress the President of a university?
- Knowledge of current catering and food trends - can you give events that "wow" factor?
- Experience with event planning and execution - can you give that coffee service set up for 10 guests the same attention to detail and service excellence you give to the VIP dinner for 500 guests?
- The ability to multi-task and manage multiple events at the same time - can you translate that into give all the guest the same high-level of customer service?
- The ability to inspire a catering staff - can you help others become trend-setting, innovators?
- Previous experience in high-volume restaurants or conference service centers, campus, hospital or corporate accounts - Want to make the jump into Universities Food Services?
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.