Are you an experienced Catering Manager that has a passion for high end catering and is looking for an exciting and challenging new position? Look no further!
Sodexo has a great opportunity available for a talented Catering Manager 3 at a prestigious corporate client, located in New York, NY. The Catering Manager will oversee 6 Sodexo frontline union employees and report directly into a General Manager. This individual will oversee roughly $4.5-$5M in annual managed volume for catering and conference services at the unit. We are looking for candidates with strong high volume catering experience and preferably law firm experience.
As the Catering Manager you will be tasked with the booking, coordination and execution of catering events. Events can range from the traditional drop-off of coffee/refreshment service to upscale events.
The successful candidate will be able to work and oversee multiple functions and setups. The candidate will also be responsible for supervising and working with the event staff, making sure events are prepped and ready for the next day. Schedule flexibility is a necessity. There is a lot of direct contact with clients.
The best qualified candidate will have the following:
- Hands on Corporate Service catering experience
- Experience with both casual and fine dining catering/banquet management
- Prior high volume catering service experience
- Experience training and leading a catering staff
- Experience with catering set up and execution
- Experience writing catering menus
- Experience coordinating and executing multiple events daily
- Experience with labor controls, managing catering inventory and using catering software
- Excellent customer and client relations skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- An ability to transform spaces and create an experience for guests
- The ability to work with clients on creating events to their exacting detail
- Culinary acumen is preferred
- Union experience a plus
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo: How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact. Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.