Sodexo is seeking an experianced Catering Manager 4 to detail and execute events at one of our locations in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- planning & execution of Internal & External high-end catering events;
- responsible for client contact, event planning, exceptional customer service and must exceed customer and client catering expectations;
- promote a customer / client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs.
- experience with high volume catering with a high profile & clientele base with high expectations, a well-developed customer service repertoire, excellent organization skills and must be project oriented;
- ability to perform in high stress and energy atmosphere
- real passion for delivering superb guest service, food quality, safety, and providing a positive and professional work environment;
- solid understanding of upscale catering trends
- experience in creating floor plans/diagrams, assisting clients with inquiries;
- excellent event planning skills, and visionary to food display and creative presentations;
- demonstrated knowledge of catering logistics, casual and fine dining, and banquet management;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results; and/or
- prior experience leading catering & VIP events a plus.
While believing that today's achievements are tomorrow's standards, the ideal candidate will have exceptional client & interpersonal relationship skills. The Catering Manager 4 will report to the General Manager and will work closely to the Executive Chef, all together will maintain strong client relationship and build a solid catering operation.
Working for Sodexo:
Our desire to be a leader in each of the industries where we work affords our employees the opportunity to bring on new clients in numerous areas - and continue to grow their careers in almost any direction. At Sodexo, it's possible to have multiple careers all while working for the same company. Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. We offer in-house professional development programs and support our employees who want to pursue external learning opportunities - whether you want to stay on the cutting edge or learn new skills to help you advance into a new type of role.
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.