Sodexo @ Texas A&M University-Commerce in Commerce, TX is looking for a Chef Manager that will have a night and weekends focus on managing culinary and front of house operations. Pre Covid-19 we served 2200+ students, faculty and staff on meal plans plus are voluntary commuters and community. We are gearing up for a full reopening of campus for the Fall of 2021. We enjoy a strong partnership with the governing administration of the University and work closely with the University to consistently raise the bar in dining and be the best at what we do.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is a public research university in Commerce, Texas. With an enrollment of over 12,000 students as of fall 2017, the university is the third-largest institution in the Texas A&M University System. Founded in 1889, the institution is also the fourth-oldest state university or college in the State of Texas.
Located on the northeastern edge of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, approximately 65 miles from downtown Dallas, the university attracts traditional resident students from the Metroplex and also from the smaller communities of Northeast Texas. In addition to the main campus in Hunt County, the university has satellite campuses in downtown Dallas, and Mesquite; it also offers courses in Corsicana and Midlothian in partnership with Navarro College and in Frisco and McKinney with Collin College.
This position will offer a strong potential for in Unit or District growth to the right candidate.
The successful candidate will:
- manage the daily food production for Resident Dining and Catering
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards and programs are in place, including recipe compliance and food quality
- labor and food cost control
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures: production, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- manage menu planning
- be responsible for inventory and food waste management
- coach, train and develop culinary staff
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates
- execute the culinary function
- ensure customer & client satisfaction
- work in conjunction with other unit managers for successful, smooth operations across campus
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience supervising/managing kitchen and production teams
- 2 years work experience in food or culinary services, preferably in contract management services
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Food and Physical Safety audits;