Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team.
Sodexo is seeking a hands on Chef Manager/Sous Chef for its operations at Lourdes Noreen McKeen in West Palm Beach, FL. This is a 296 Resident Continuing Care Retirement Community with a spectacular waterfront view, located on historic Flagler Drive overlooking the inter-coastal waterway. This community offers an elegant, resort-style independent and assisting living, as well as skilled nursing and rehabilitation care. Working closely with the Executive Chef the Chef Manager will assist with overseeing the dining operations, food safety, and sanitation. The Chef Manager will work a flexible schedule that will include days, evenings and rotating weekends.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day dining and serving operations, HACCP, food presentation and quality of food;
- be hands on with production for resident dining and catering;
- interface closely with staff, residents and clients to provide optimal dining service and program enhancements;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparation are achieved;
- assist with food and labor costs controls;
- supervise a staff of 50 employees.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- healthcare or restaurant food production experience;
- knowledge of compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards;
- knowledge of special diets;
- the ability to lead, train and mentor kitchen staff;
- the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- a culinary certification or degree is preferred, but not required.
Learn more about https://lourdesmckeen.org/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.