As an aspiring Chef you want to enhance the lives of others.
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for Eden Village, a continuing care retirement community locate in Glen Carbon, Illinois. The Chef Manager will assist with overseeing the operations of the kitchen serving approximately 250 residents. Will train and mentor the culinary team, approximately 10 hourly cooks. Typical shift will be 9:00am - 6:00pm (Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday), may vary with some holidays.
The successful candidate will:
- oversee the culinary operations, will cook as needed;
- have the ability to lead, train and mentor kitchen staff;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- strong culinary background;
- prior food service experience in a healthcare environment;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- ability to coaching and train employees.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.