Do you possess strong leadership skills and enjoy managing people, processes and projects?
Sodexo is hiring an experienced Chef Manager for The Swain School located in in Allentown, PA. This is a "hands on" cooking position managing a staff of 4. You will produce meals, menus and execute catering events. A demonstrated history of experience with creative solutions for food allergen meal development needed. Full time, 10 month position working Monday through Friday with a few weekends as needed.
The Swain School is an independent private school that serves students from preschool through eighth grade on a beautiful 20-acre campus located in Allentown, PA. Sodexo's dining program at The Swain School is highly focused on wellness, providing varied choices for students, faculty and staff.
This position will be responsible for driving Creativity with the scratch cooking menu specifically for the K-12 Independent School customer taste palette. Tech Savvy is required to meet our standards.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Two years Chef/Executive Chef level Management Experience, Required*
- Be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations
- Ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance
- Have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Two-years of Executive Chef level Management Experience, Required*
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current K-12 culinary trends
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards
- Strong coaching and employee development skills
- Have a passion for food and innovation
Learn more about The Swain School here: https://www.swain.org/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Click here to read about Sodexo's Actions to Mitigate Impacts of Coronavirus Our kitchens have always been focused on sanitation and safety. We have creased our dedication to sanitation protocols to protect our students, community and team members.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.