Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager at McLaren St. Luke's. McLaren St. Luke's is a 314 bed hospital in Maumee, Ohio. The Chef Manager will support the day to day operations for the retail cafe, At Your Request (AYR) patient dining program and catering services. The ideal candidate will have experience with Sodexo's Food Management System (FMS) or similar systems, a solid knowledge of HACCP standards and the ability to manage a team of 20 team members. The successful candidate will also possess a solid understanding of food safety and sanitation guidelines, computer literacy as well as excellent leadership, communication and customer service skills.
This Chef Manager will be responsible for:
- constantly improving food service operations in order to drive patient and customer satisfaction
- training staff to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations
- and being accountable for the execution of product and service quality by maintaining the highest level of food service delivery
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Unit purchases utilizing TMC and client procurement programs
- Storage area organization
- Inventory management
- Waste reduction
- Working within unit budget
- Cash handling/management support
- Training & development of staff
- Direct customer and client interaction
- HR functions (recruiting, interviewing, disciplinary)
- Ensuring quality standards and compliance with HACCP guidelines
- Supervision of 4 client employees
- Employee engagement
In this role, you will be also directing and participating in all of daily food operations for their full-service Cafe. Responsibilities will include: cash handling/management, , scheduling, inventory/ordering, training and development of staff, direct customer interaction and catering. Total Retail volume of approx 200k.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo's unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.