Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian to join its team of dietitians at MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital, a 137-bed rehabilitation hospital located in Washington, DC. This position will lead a team of 2 Registered Dietitians to provided medical nutrition therapy to adult and pediatric patient populations in a high acuity rehabilation setting.
Is this opportunity right for you?
If you are a registered dietitian who has experience working with the acute rehabilitation population, this may be the opportunity for you. Working as a Sodexo Clinical Nutrition Manager at National Rehabilitation Hospital offers a rewarding leadership experience along with a great working environment. You will work with a collaborative team of colleagues and experts to achieve the best patient experience possible.
Demonstrated experience in the following is needed to be successful in this role:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with demonstrated clinical and leadership experience outside of internship
- Experience leading projects and teams in an adult and pediatric rehabilitation population is preferred
- Work as part of the management team, playing an integral role with a mission to exceed client satisfaction through the application of Sodexo programs
- Lead and drive Performance Improvement and Quality Management projects for both clinical operations. Assist with survey readiness.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to lead and an aptitude for program growth/development
- A self-starter, a team player, and possess good time management skills
- Able to work well with physicians, nursing, ancillary and nutrition services staff
- Willing to mentor dietetic interns
- Knowledge of MedConnect (Cerner) and HealthTouch a plus
- Have or obtain a Washington, DC dietetic license
To learn more about Medstar National Rehabilitation Hospital click the link:
Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
As the largest private employer of dietitians we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
Functions as the in-unit lead Clinical leader for a medium to large account or multiple accounts under one contract in a system. Manages the daily operations of nutrition services through direct supervision of both non-exempt employees and entry-level exempt professional employees.
-Directs daily operations of nutrition programs and ensure customer and client satisfaction levels are met.
-May provide direct nutrition care to population served
-Establishes and executes operating standards, implements quality improvements, manages the budget and communicates them to other departments.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for nutrition services.
-Promotes nutrition services and stays current with most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Manages employees to ensure they meet goals, cost controls deadlines, and collect outcomes.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel).
-Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client, regional or national initiatives, projects, and implements the service program(s).
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.