Mentoring a team, running a business, and partnering with clients all come together in this role.
Sodexo is seeking a Director of Facility Operations. This role will oversee facilities to include Hard Services, Soft Services and Lab Consumables at the Raleigh, NC (RTP Campus), Zebulon, NC and San Francisco, CA (remotely) sites. Zebulon is a manufacturing site about 45 minutes' drive from the RTP Site. The RTP site will be the Facility Director's home site, and where they will primarily sit each day. RTP has 3 main buildings that can seat up to 2200 employees. Hard Services includes; building management, MEP, and small project work. Soft Services include; Fitness, D&L, Conference Services, Records, Waste Management, Workwear Management, Grounds Maintenance (includes landscaping, pest control, and snow removal), and Food & Catering Services.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Director with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Functions as the leader for multiple core services, in a single account and/or multiple locations within the same contract. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of business that in total is between $5 and $10 million in managed volume
- Responsible for the integrated facility management (IFM) service delivery, including hard and soft services in accordance with all agreed account and client policies, procedures and contract scope
- Ensure all contract performance metrics are met / exceeded
- Serve as the primary point of contact for building incidents / escalations with the client
- Drive a One Team - Team culture
- Adhere to and drive compliance with all preventative maintenance programs (i.e. Maximo)
- Drive thought-leadership and implement innovative programs and processes that result in working better, faster, cheaper, smarter
- Promote a safety-first culture and ensure compliance with all health, safety, environment and risk management policies
- Support account wide initiatives such as compliance reviews, audits, training programs and other key initiatives as needed
- Be accountable for the delivery of augmented services, such as Energy, Small Projects and Moves / Adds / Changes
- Develops business plan, budget and forecast for site
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards - reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives
- Provides strategic leadership within the account team to maintain client satisfaction and retention
- Develop and manage facility operating budgets, proactively track variances and manage within targets of approved budgets
- Support and represent facilities as an SME in the planning the client's annual capital plan
- Prepare and present monthly site governance reports
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management;
- demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building;
- Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) is a plus; and
- a bachelor's degree in engineering or related fields is preferred.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic education requirement- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Basic management experience- 5 years
Basic functional experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.