Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference.
Sign-on bonus being offered! Sodexo is seeking a Director of Facilities 2 for Geary Community Hospital in Junction City, Kansas to support our healthcare segment. Geary Community Hospital is a rural Sodexo healthcare partner located in Geary County, Kansas, offering progressive Healthcare and hometown compassion, that's family focused. This will support a main hospital and off-site buildings and lead the day to day operations of facilities/maintenance/engineering for a team of 7 at this 65 bed hospital. Under the direction of the Sodexo Vice President of Operations, the Facilities Systems Director (FSD) is responsible for all Medical Center systems, mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, low voltage, demolition, ILSM Process, architectural, landscape, and NFPA 101 Life Safety Regulatory requirements. Responsible for all operational and capital budgets for all areas under construction and life safety. Responsible for the development and implementation of system framework to support asset management program and preservation of the hospital Infrastructure system wide. Responsible for the support of the Hospital and Departmental Mission of providing a safe and respectful environment for all hospital individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees all aspects of construction in a healthcare setting including progress, timing, costs and third-party contractors.
- Coordinate with the Hospital Senior Leadership. the selection and supervision of architects, engineers, planning and design consultants, contractors, project managers, construction managers, inspectors, and/or other applicable professionals when required.
- Responsible for quality control deliverables, supervises construction progress, ensures quality standards and completion dates.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and medical regulations at each location.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with TJC, EOC, Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness survey inspections, preparation and document requirements.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations. Assists in gathering information and assembling files for State Health Inspections.
- Works directly with Hospital Senior Leadership to develop and implement plans for the Medical Center facilities vision and growth.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Learn more about the account: https://gearycommunityhospital.org/
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. Apply today!
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic education requirement- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Basic management experience- 5 years
Basic functional experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.