Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking a Director of Facilities for Lewiston, Maine to support our healthcare segment at Central Maine Medical Center. CMMC is a 264 bed facility that includes a multitude of off-site locations. Under the direction of the Sodexo Facilities Systems Director, the Facilities Director of Operations (FDO) will be responsible for the plant operations and facilities engineering services at Central Maine Medical Center, Lewiston campus. This includes and not limited to mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, low voltage, demolition, ILSM Process, architectural, landscape, and NFPA 101 Life Safety Regulatory requirements. Responsible for all operational and capital budgets for all areas under construction and life safety. Responsible for the development and implementation of system framework to support asset management program and preservation of the hospital Infrastructure system wide. Responsible for the support of the Hospital and Departmental Mission of providing a safe and respectful environment for all hospital individuals.
Overall, will provide the direction, oversight, and coordination of all functions and activities of the Facilities Management Departments, including Engineering, Plant Operations, and Facilities Management. The Director of Facilities Operations will assume overall responsibility for the safe and efficient functioning, maintenance and operation of all buildings, equipment, machinery, systems, and grounds keeping. Will direct, plan, coordinate and is administratively and professionally responsible for the proper installation, operation and maintenance of uninterrupted light, heat, power, water, and monitoring systems of all health system buildings and services. The Director has oversight of budgets, staffing, short- and long-range planning, program development, policy and procedure for all Facilities department, construction/renovation operations, landscape operations, campus planning, skilled trades' contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. Work in partnership with the owner representative for construction activities. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Directs, manages, and coordinates with the functional authority for planning, organization, control and integration to ensure completion of projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with the Hospital Senior Leadership. the selection and supervision of architects, engineers, planning and design consultants, contractors, project managers, construction managers, inspectors, and/or other applicable professionals when required.
- Responsible for quality control deliverables, supervises construction progress, ensures quality standards and completion dates.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and medical regulations at each location.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with TJC, EOC, Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness survey inspections, preparation and document requirements.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations. Assists in gathering information and assembling files for State Health Inspections.
- Works directly with Hospital Senior Leadership to develop and implement plans for the Medical Center facilities vision and growth.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Learn more about the area: http://www.lewistonmaine.gov/
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. Apply today!
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience- 5 years
Basic Functional Experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.