Sodexo's Healthcare Segment is seeking a Director Commercial Finance & Pricing!
The preferred candidate should reside in California
The Director of Commercial Finance and Pricing who will be responsible for partnering with members of the Healthcare Commercial Solutions and Finance team, Sales, and operations to provide costing analytics and pricing recommendations to support competitive business bids and pro-active and strategic retention processes (new sales, cross sales and strategic retention)
This role is part of Commercial Solutions Team which gathers all commercial enable in healthcare segment to provide an end-to-end support, from the decision to make a proposal up to the contract sign off.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
- Supports the business development process within by compiling & analyzing relevant information, conducting analysis and providing insight and recommendations regarding the operating cost structure in order to develop the pro-forma used and approved to ultimately price Sodexo's proposed solution.
- Role is critical to support the design of winning proposals competitive enough, and compelling to win developing an optimized deal structure and relevant pricing. He is part of the core team supporting the sales process from the bid strategy alignment to the contract sign-off.
- Provides oversight and guidance that enables the Sales team to build winning proposal, financially attractive and relevant for the client. The role also provides expertise to identify opportunities and mitigates risk. He provides guidance to design robust contracts, reflecting terms and conditions approved with the pro-forma.
- Prepares the cost analysis for complex business development proposals, where the cost structure includes multiple tier rates, and multiple services outlets where there is a high degree of financial consequence to Sodexo associated with inaccurate costing analytics.
- Works closely with the solution architect assigned to guide the sales process and technical solutions developers and SME's involved to aggregate appropriate information and data, optimize all cost levers using our standards and benchmarks,
- The role reports to the VP Commercial Solutions and Commercial Finance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts business costing and pricing and provides insight and recommendations regarding the operating cost structure for complex, high risk competitive business development proposals where the cost structure includes multiple tier rates, and multiple services outlets where there is a high degree of financial consequence to Sodexo associated with inaccurate costing analytics.
- Directly supervises & manages a Business Analyst in charge of the costing and pricing for simple and medium deals
- Utilizes Sodexo internal operating data, personal experience and understanding of Sodexo's business models, competitor knowledge and industry benchmarks to conduct a thorough analysis and to provide optimal, competitive, and realistic costing structure recommendations for the deal structure and pricing process.
- Participates in the development and ongoing improvement of costing tools and resources
- Presents pro-formas to Sales, Operations and Segment teams and reviews them to facilitate understanding and to drive confidence in the models developed.
- Supports the review process to ensure that reliable and accurate costing data is consistently used in the business development process
- Prepares and presents financial analysis to get approval at the Regional Healthcare Investment Committee. Prepares financial presentations and manage timeline to approve deals at the GHIC (Global Investment Committee), or GIC (Group Investment Committee), according the delegation of authority policy.
- 5 years as a District Manager or Finance role or equivalent role or experience.
- Proven experience analyzing a variety of operating unit cost structures for complex, high risk competitive business development proposals over $10M, where the cost structure includes multiple tier rates, and multiple services outlets where there is a high degree of financial consequence to Sodexo associated with inaccurate costing analytics.
- BS Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field, MBA.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including communicating at all levels of the organization and with Senior Leadership
- Strong knowledge of complex multi-unit factors that impact cost structure, particularly for highly complex, high risk competitive business development situations, typically larger than $10M.
- Experience in Contract Food or Environmental Services and Facilities Management areas
- Advanced analytical and advisory skills including the ability to obtain and review data to make recommendations to improve profitability of operating units
- Advanced spread sheet software skills - Excel
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple issues / individuals at same time
- Ability to handle a high amount of stress related to the business environment. Tenacity to operate and deliver within a changing business and market environment and demonstrate resilience at times of high pressure
- Strong presentation skills - the ability to be able to interact with both external and internal customers and effectively communicate thoughts and ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills - be able to effectively work with Sales, Operations, Commercial solutions team,...
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an ability to analyze and interpret contractual, financial, technical, operational data and commercial terms
- Strong influencing skills - the ability to prompt member of Sales, Finance, and Operations to accept proposed pro-forma recommendations
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to drive successful, cross-functional outcomes and to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment with clear accountability
- Agile and flexible in response to new demands and changes
- Willingness and enthusiasm to challenge existing ways of working and methods
- Limited travels, this is a virtual position and the successful candidate may office anywhere in the US
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization. Has specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline or function. Develops pricing strategies to meet customers' needs while providing a profit for the organization. Determines core business costs of service in support of pricing/tariff development. Designs, implements and maintains pricing infrastructures. Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed. Provides reporting and documentation of pricing structures and serves as the point-of-contact for pricing inquiries from internal sales department, but not customers. May lead functional teams or projects. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.