You believe in an open, inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. Lead a team where engagement, productivity and innovation are fostered.
Sodexo is seeking a System Director - Compliance and Regulatory for Sharp Healthcare located in San Diego, CA. Position will be responsible for ensuring that Sodexo's business lines (food and nutrition, environmental services and facilities management) across multiple locations are compliant with national, state and local agency regulations along with Sodexo/client specific programs.
This role maintains continuous survey readiness through compliance with regulations from a number of regulatory agencies, including The Joint Commission (TJC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Working knowledge of California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) Experience within a large multi-service healthcare/medical center environment is strongly desired.
The successful candidate will:
Manage and maintain EOC and life safety compliance:
- Coordinate the Environment of Care, Safety, Security, Emergency Preparedness, Medical Equipment, Hazardous Materials and Waste Management, Life Safety, and Utilities as they directly relate to the health care setting and the overall environment of care.
- Identify risks based on regulatory interpretation and other methods, and apply to policy creation.
- Oversight of EOC in efforts to maintain high standards of safety, regulatory compliance, maintaining documentation of findings and improvements.
- Participate in incident investigation to identify causal factors.
- Monitor potential and actual environmental hazards. Participate in root cause analysis.
- Recommends remedial and corrective action.
- Provides technical guidance to management, surveyors, and other appropriate parties regarding occupational health and safety-related problems regarding accreditation standards.
- Develop and implement educational programs for EOC regulatory readiness.
Policy and Procedure Support:
- Provide policy and procedure interpretation and education as it applies to the EOC, Life Safety, and Emergency Management Plans.
- Conduct research and applicable regulations/standards concerning workplace safety and integrate findings into policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintain the EOC policy and procedure repository and revision process.
- Maintain and continuously improve Management Plans, including the EOC, Life Safety, and Emergency management plans ensuring that compliance with regulatory standards and implementation at the health care system.
- Maintain regulatory readiness documentation, ensuring system is in compliance with regulatory standards and that they personnel are trained and ready for regulatory inspections.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) preferred
- Qualified individuals have a minimum of five years of experience in safety management, facilities management or quality improvement within a health care facility.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.