Use your best in class housekeeping/custodial management skills to make a real impact on patient healing.
Sodexo is growing! We are seeking an Environmental Services Manager 1 at Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center. This is a 110 bed hosipital that is committed to providing the highest quality of healthcare and emergency services to the community. This position will be responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hospital while overseeing a team of 35 employees on 2nd Shift (2pm start time) with some weekends and rotating holidays. Strong Leadership qualities and the expectation of enhancing the patients experience at all times is paramount. This position will manage 35 employees, increase 3rd party satisfaction scores, and should have 1-2 years experience in a custodial management experience. Preferred candidates will have experience in Environmental Services, Hotels housekeeping and/or Custodial Services, former military service, and excellent customer service skills.
Prior Environmental Services/housekeeping experience is required, must be results driven, understand employee engagement, and be committed to a winning culture. The successful candidate will have experience with bed tracking, patient satisfaction, and possess strong computer skills. Sodexo is seeking a true self-starter who can lead a team under minimal supervision. This position functions as part of a team of Environmental Service Managers reporting to the General Manager. This role will support floor care projects, payroll, and lead the team in engagement. Preferred candidates will have experience in Environmental Services heathcare. Sodexo is seeking a true self-starter who can lead a team under minimal supervision.
Get to know us: https://www.pennstatehealth.org/locations/hampden-medical-center
This position will have overall responsibility of an on-site operation for Environmental Services as assigned In this role, The Operations Manager has direct accountability for executing Sodexo systems, programs, resources, tools, and talent management that drives operational excellence and our service commitments that are: Predictable, Reliable, and Repeatable. This position will have strong leadership skills for the Environmental team in the delivery of safe, sanitary and innovative services to our patients, customers and hospital employees in a variety of settings. Hours will vary depending on the business needs of the unit.
The Custodial Operations Manager 1 will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff for all areas of the operation.
- Will works closely with the Infectious Control department.
- Managing and training a team of 38 Sodexo hourly employees.
- A strong focus on department initiatives and patient satisfaction
- be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
- provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
- lead teams and departmental projects and initiatives;
- effectively manage the Unit Operating System; and/or
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have experience leading, training and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service delivery;
- have customer service and/or guest satisfaction in a health care or hospitality;
- possess strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program;
- monitor compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are results and safety driven;
- are proficient with computers and other technology
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. Our Sodexo Health Care Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at health care client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Health Care, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience. Apply online today!