Environmental Services / Custodial
Join a team where patients are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is hiring an Environmental Services Manager 2 at Northwest Health - La Porte, located just off the shores of Lake Michigan in Northern Indiana. This brand new community hospital (opened Fall 2020) has 85 beds. This position will report to the Director of Environmental Services.
- Provides a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff;
- Works with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director;
- Responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
- Supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- previous Environmental Services/Housekeeping experience in a hospital or healthcare environment;
- strong leadership and customer service skills with the ability to work independently to drive department programs;
- experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are results and safety driven;
- are proficient with computers and other technology.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.