Do you thrive in a fast-paced kitchen environment? Grow your culinary career in a management position with Sodexo!
Sodexo is seeking a Executive Chef 1 for Union College located in Barbourville, Kentucky. Union's location is a park-like setting with Georgian architecture, manicured lawns and mature trees, including our revered ginkgo, which has been growing with the college since the early days. But beyond campus lies something different: adventurous beauty. We're in southeastern Kentucky, in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain range along the famous Wilderness Road and 30 miles from Cumberland Gap National Park. We're just 17 miles from Interstate 75, so if urban life is calling your name, you can respond in a flash. Travel north to land in Lexington, Ky., and south to arrive in Knoxville, Tenn. Either way, it's a 100-mile trip that provides fine and casual dining, airports, shopping, nightlife and so much more. Sodexowill manage all the Dining programs at Union College. Valid drivers license is required. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Union College at https://www.unionky.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.