Sodexo is seeking a Regional Executive Chef Support Managers. Position will support Healthcare Food accounts in the Houston, TX area, but may include travel to other areas of Texas.
Ideal candidate must have the ability to travel for extended periods of time. This position can result in traveling throughout the state of Texas. Candidate must have a strong culinary background, healthcare strongly preferred. This is a hands-on culinary support position and could require long periods of time on your feet. Candidate must be self-motivated and can motivate others as well. Skills required for this position, short order cooking, recipe execution, strong computer skills, and Serv Safe Certified.
In this role, the Regional Operations Support Manager (ROSI) has direct accountability for executing Sodexo systems, programs, resources, tools, and talent management that drives operational excellence and our service commitments that are: Predictable, Reliable, and Repeatable. This is a temporary position expected to last between 6 to 18 months. Healthcare food resource support positions do have the potential to go longer (or turn into a permanent position) if you are willing to travel within the district or to other states!
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital: Catering, Retail menus, LTO's, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- oversee Sodexo's Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient experience;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and/or
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development.
- have oversight of day-to-day operations
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly-paid), staff;
- manage vendor relationships and compliance; and/or
- deliver high quality food service
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- develop strategic plans;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- passion for our patients and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- knowledge of nutrition and specialized diets;
- experience with oversight of diet offices; and/or
- strong management skills, preferably in healthcare.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Patient Services positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Patient Services. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
The Manager II, Regional Operations Support (ROSI) has overall responsibility, or a portion of an on-sight operations area (ie Food, ES, Clinical, Culinary, Facilities, CTM) as assigned by the Client executive. In this role, the ROSI has direct accountability for executing Sodexo systems, programs, resources, tools, and talent management that drives operational excellence and our service commitments that are: Predictable, Reliable, and Repeatable
Client / Customer Service - 20%
- Navigates the client organization through effective communication while influencing and persuading at multiple levels. Seeks to collaborate for win-win outcomes.
- Provide effective communication for clients and customers to ensure excellent customer service.
- Effectively partners with client and Sodexo employees to drive successful outcomes.
- Complies with all client policies and procedures.
Operational Excellence - 40%
- Owns, drives, and measures operational excellence outcomes of Sodexo and client.
- Effectively deploys, embeds and ensures Sodexo standardized processes are in place.
- Creates a continuous quality improvement culture that drives operational efficiencies.
- Drives change and creates a culture where change is embraced and operationalized.
- Utilizes all operational processes to drive continuous improvement and celebrate successes.
Analysis & Decision Making - 20%
- Utilizes tools within Sodexo Healthcare to drive and manage middle of the page (Labor Expense, Raw Materials) to deliver positive outcomes.
- Accountable for effective utilization of labor resources.
- Analyses data to engage in data driven decision making using data, logic, benchmarking, and leading practices in decision making to determine best solutions for the business.
- Effective risk management by ensuring consistent regulatory and legal compliance.
- Compliance with supply chain management requirements.
- Understands and effectively manages unit finances in the Sodexo budgets.
- Sets operational goals with key metrics and ensures quick analysis of variances to ensure a prompt resolution and mitigate adverse impact on our clients or our performance.
- Delivers predictable top and bottom-line results at the site, relentless focus on driving efficiency, and makes difficult decisions.
- Effectively delegates operational responsibilities to appropriate individuals / positions.
- Follows best practices in decision making to determine best solutions for the business.
Safety - 10%
- Ensures that individuals performing service-related tasks have the competence to do so without putting the health and safety of themselves or others at risk.
- Behaviors include: Working as a team for safety
- Communicating Effectively for Safety
- Managing Safety Risks
- Optimizing Human and Environmental Factors
- Recognizing, respond and reporting incidents
- Adherence to all operational safety practices and protocols
- Drives a safety culture throughout the team
Talent - 10%
- Ability to effectively manage aspects of Human Resources (ie. Leadership, People Management, Employee Relations, etc) to support individual and team development and drive operational outcomes.
- Creates a culture of continuous learning and development for self and those within the unit assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services, CTM, or Clinical Nutrition
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.