Do you thrive in a fast-paced kitchen environment? Grow your culinary career in a management position with Sodexo!
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 1 for Baptist Health Medical Center located in Little Rock, AR.
With 800 patient beds, Baptist Hospital is the flagship hospital of the Health System. This unit offers 'At Your Request' Room Service, a large retail operation that generates approximately $3.5 million in sales annually and high volume/high end catering. Will be responsible for main cafeteria food production and additional retail outlets throughout the facility.
The successful candidate will:
- manage the daily food production for both retail and patient services operations
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards and programs are in place, including recipe compliance and food quality
- Labor and food cost control
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital: production, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- manage menu planning
- be responsible inventory and food waste management
- coach, train and develop culinary staff
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates
- execute the culinary function
- ensure customer & client satisfaction
- work in conjunction with other unit managers for successful, smooth operations
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience supervising/managing kitchen and production teams
- 2 years work experience in food or culinary services, preferably in contract management services
- Experience with union partnerships and labor relations (preferred not required)
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits;
Learn more about Baptist Health - Little Rock at https://www.baptist-health.com/location/baptist-health-medical-center-little-rock/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.