Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 1 for Erlanger East Hospital located in Chattanooga, TN. Erlanger East is a full-service, community hospital taking care to the next level with world-class surgical, emergency, heart, stroke, cancer, and pediatrics care. The hospital is a full service 120-bed community hospital with a "lifestyle focus." The Executive Chef will be responsible for culinary support for our patient dining program "At Your Request" (AYR), retail/cafeteria area and catering. The Executive Chef will manage a team of approximately 15-20 frontline staff. Reporting to the General Manager the selected candidate will work a flexible schedule that may include some days, evening and weekends.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital: food production, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- FMS: monitoring, Audits, implementation and standardization for new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all frontline staff;
- Gold Check audits: conduct audits, create action plans based on audit findings. Responsible for keeping and updating GC audit books;
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
- continue sustainability program with the direction of Director of Culinary Operations;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services; and/or
- create interpersonal relationships with clients and hospital staff.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- a passion for culinary arts;
- a strong production culinary background;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Learn more about Erlanger East Hospital at https://www.erlanger.org/erlanger-east-hospital/about-east
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.