Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is hiring an Executive Chef 1 for the Moravian K-12 Independent Schools in Bethlehem, PA. Moravian Academy is an independent school for children age 3 through Grade 12 located in Bethlehem, PA. The Executive Chef of Moravian Academy will oversee the Upper School and Downtown Campuses. The Executive Chef will also oversee the Chef Manager of the Swain School, which recently merged with Moravian Academy. The Executive Chef will focus on a providing a unique experience at each school while creating efficiencies among the three campuses. Demonstrated history of experience with creative solutions for food allergen meal development required. With Summers OFF and a Monday through Friday schedule the Targeted Salary is $52,000 - $54,000. Our successful candidate will be connected with our Area Executive Chef for a Mentorship and to learn Independent School programming.
This position will be responsible for driving Creativity with the scratch cooking menu specifically for the K-12 Independent School customer taste palette. Tech Savvy is required to meet our standards. Great Benefits PLUS some Major Holidays and campus breaks OFF!
The successful candidate will:
- Have Two years Executive Chef level Management Experience, Required*
- Have K-12 Executive Chef experience Preferred
- Be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations
- Ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance
- Have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Two-years of Executive Chef level Management Experience, Required*
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current K-12 culinary trends
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards
- Strong coaching and employee development skills
- Have a passion for food and innovation
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Click here to read about Sodexo's Actions to Mitigate Impacts of Coronavirus Our kitchens have always been focused on sanitation and safety. We have creased our dedication to sanitation protocols to protect our students, community and team members.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.