As chefs, we have the power to influence lives through the power of food.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 1 for the United States Marine Corps at located in Washington, DC. The Marine Barracks Washington is the oldest post in the Marine Corp. We serve clientele to include the Marine Band, the Guards, and other highly influential guests. This is a high visibilty location with the Commandant, and the SgtMajor of the Marines residing next door. Candidate must be well versed in all current cooking techniques as these will be showcased in the account. We are here to serve our Marines 3 meals a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Candidate must be proficient in all aspects of food safety and sanitation as we are scrutinized by quality controls of Sodexo, the Marine Corp., the Navy, and the Army on an almost daily basis. Quality control and recipe adherence is of the utmost importance. The Executive Chef will be second in command at the unit and will have complete responsibilty when the General Manager is not present.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities.