Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve!
Sodexo has an excellent opportunity for an Executive Chef at Fort Hudson Nursing, a retirement community in Fort Edward, NY. We are seeking, highly motivated, and innovative Culinarians to lead our exceptional dining program. The Executive Chef manages the food production for resident dining with the focus on resident involvement and well-being. Responsibilities include supervision and training of the back of house staff, inventory management and purchasing for 1 million in volume, food quality and standards, food & kitchen safety and sanitation monitors for regulatory compliance.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for the creation and development of innovative, inventive and ground-breaking menus;
- direct and supervise kitchen operations and designated back of house staff;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparation are achieved;
- control and ensure the company's and client's financial targets are achieved;
- engage with peers, colleagues and patrons in a manner that invites interaction and feedback.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- possess a culinary degree;
- continuously update industry knowledge on current food trends and ingredients, making sure they lead the way in innovation and originality;
- are experienced in healthcare dining;
- have commercial acumen and a good level of computer literacy;
- are enthusiastic, confident and warm;
- have a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail
Learn more about Fort Hudson Nursing
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.