Welcome to the State University of New York at New Paltz, a great place to experience the world of possibilities in an exceptional academic environment.
New Paltz provides one of the nation's most open, diverse, and artistic environments in order to prepare students to excel in rapidly changing times that demand creativity and worldliness. Our tradition of intellectual discovery is enhanced by a location of stunning natural beauty, in a dynamic college town, with easy access to New York City. Our unusually wide array of professional and liberal arts majors fosters a rich academic milieu in which students, selected through a competitive admissions process, can develop to their highest potential.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Manage the daily food production including production planning and controls
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Manage food costing, controls, and compliance
- Develop menus and manage inventory
- Have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees
- Have a passion for food and innovation
- Have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- Have knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS)
The ideal candidate has:
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- Previous Executive Chef-level culinary management experience within a contract dining setting
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
- Previous culinary experience working in a high-volume facility
- Strong management skills
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions - when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!