You are inspired by great ingredients and creative cooking. At Sodexo, we bring these together for culinary innovation!!
**Relocation assistance is available**
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for Alma College located in Alma, MI. Located in a community of 10,000, Alma College is a liberal arts campus that specializes in Science and Fine Arts and features a walkable campus with historic and contemporary buildings. Our campus is an hour north of Lansing, Michigan and 2.5 hours south of Mackinaw Island and the famous 5 mile Mackinaw Bridge that leads to several outdoor destinations in the Upper Peninsula.
Alma College has 1300 students with 95% of the students required to live on campus and have some type of meal plan. Alma has shopping available and is located in an industrial employment market. Hamilton Commons is home to our dining hall which was renovated in 2013. We also have a retail outlet that is located in another building and a fully loaded Starbucks on the edge of campus.
Alma College participates in the NCAA Division 3 Athletics and has over 65% of students who are athletes!
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Alma College at https://www.alma.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.