Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for our University of Nebraska at Kearney team, located in Kearny Nebraska. RELOCATION is available for candidates who live more than 90 miles from the unit! Our successful candidate will excel in making Food First for our students in quality, presentation and nutrition. Excellent computer savvy, strong business acumen and a focus on frontline hourly team skills development are required for success in the role.
The University is in small rural community, the university brings a lot of diversity and opportunity to the area. Family Friendly community. Located just 100 miles west of Lincoln, this town is listed as one of the best towns to live in for Nebraska! With great restaurant dining options, and outdoor activities in parks and kayaking, you can get anywhere in this quaint and affordable town in about 15 minutes.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Manage the daily food production including production planning and controls
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Manage food costing, controls and compliance
- Develop menus and manage inventory
- Have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
- Have a passion for food and innovation
- Have knowledge of special diets and allergens
- Knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System DRIVE is preferred
The ideal candidate has:
- Two Years Executive Chef Experience
- Strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- Successful experience partnering with a client in championing sustainability initiatives and involvement and commitment to the campus and surrounding community
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
- Previous experience working in a high-volume facility
- Strong management skills
- Previous success managing high-volume food production (Large Campus Resident Dining account or large Business Dining program)
- Experience creating innovative menus with demonstrated best practices for improving the student customer experience
- Proven Culinary knowledge: purchasing, inventory, production schedules and Food & Beverage Cost controls
- Enjoy interacting with clients, students, faculty; being the face of the Sodexo Culinary Team on campus and in the dining hall
- Demonstrate culinary finesse at head Action Station, sharing passion for food, cooking, sustainability with the students
CLICK HERE to learn more about the University of Nebraska at Kearney
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Sodexo jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.