**This position will enjoy a fantastic quality of life work schedule for a Chef, typically working Monday-Friday**
Sodexo School Services provides essential food management solutions to school districts across the country. We are seeking an Executive Chef 2 Nogales Unified School district, and established account located in Nogales, AZ. Sodexo provides food service to approximately 6,000 students within 10 schools.
The selected candidate will provide operational over-site to these schools, while also having a direct impact on culinary operations as he or she will be responsible for culinary training and food quality across the entire district. Our Executive Chef will also support the retail and catering functions. Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual, bi-lingual person that is able to create culinary promotions to further increase student meal purchases. This is a key leadership role in establishing and maintaining an exceptionally high level of culinary standards. If you are seeking a career growth opportunity then this the job for you, as you will assume GM responsibilities in his/hers absence!
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production;
- ensure Sodexo and USDA Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly-paid staff);
- provide stellar customer/client service;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- previous experience in a K-12 environment is preferred;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Keywords: K-12, chef, executive chef, child nutrition, Arizona, culinary