Sodexo is seeking a Executive Chef 2 for UH Ahuja Medical Center, a Cleveland Area Health Care Facility in Beachwood OH. Focus on High Quality customer Service and Wellness Standards. 140 bed hospital with an upscale Cafeteria that does approximately 1 million in sales yearly with a priority on serving innovative fresh cuisine. Sodexo operates the Expressly for You (EFY) patient feeding system at this location. Position will be responsible for catering, patient,and retail production needs. This position will work closely with retail manager to drive retail sales and customer satisfaction. Upscale catering / oversee seven cooks and fifty frontline staff. Catering volume of around 250k. Will manage up to 40 employees.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital: Catering, Retail menus, LTO'S, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- FMS: monitoring, Audits, implementation and standardization for new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- Gold Check audits: conduct audits, create action plans based on audit findings. Responsible for keeping and updating GC audit books;
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
- continue sustainability program with the direction of Director of Culinary Operations;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services; and/or
- create interpersonal relationships with clients in hospital.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts;
- astrong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team,withexceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- provento effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solvingand project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits;and/or
- C.E.C.(Certified Executive Chef)a plus.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, HealthCare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Sodexo may require a pre-employment investigation of your criminal conviction history, educational background, past employment, and activities that may relate in any way to your potential fitness for employment. In addition, you may be required to take and pass a drug test or participate in a medical screening, such as TB or respiratory testing, depending on the position and type of unit at issue.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.