Are you the experienced Executive Chef we're seeking?
Sodexo Leisure has an exciting Executive Chef 2 opportunity available at the Seattle Aquarium in Seattle, WA. The Seattle Aquarium is the ninth largest aquarium in the U.S. by attendance and among the top five paid visitor attractions in the Puget Sound region. Its mission of Inspiring Conservation of Our Marine Environment is evident through its community impact, conservation action and ocean ethics. We are seeking an Executive Chef to incorporate this commitment in our food and beverage operations which includes a cafe open to Aquarium attendees and a thriving catering business offering private event experiences in the evenings.
If you have a creative flair & passion for organic, sustainable dining options, we would like to speak with you!
The Executive Chef will interact with clients and customers, must possess extraordinary communication skills and exhibit the ability to lead & develop culinary staff.
- oversee culinary operations for both retail & catered events - events ranging from a VIP corporate luncheon for 20 executives to a strolling reception for 3,000 guests;
- planning and executing external events annually as well as a robust internal catering program;
- may support front of house operations at times.
- knowledge and passionate about sustainable practices
- knowledge of HACCP, sustainability, purchasing & inventory controls;
- responsible for hiring, training & developing culinary team;
- knowledge of sustainable cooking practices & local product sourcing;
- experience in creating & costing menus including specialty menus for catered events;
- experience in successfully controlling food and labor costs;
- ordering, managing the inventory, & scheduling of the culinary team;
- managing the culinary operations of a full service restaurant or hotel highly preferred; and/or
- experience with safety and sanitation controls, HACCP, food ordering & inventory as well as hiring, & managing culinary staff
Step into the culinary spotlight with Sodexo!
This position may travel to support other Sodexo/Centerplate accounts during non peak times.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Exceptional Venues, Unforgettable Experiences:
We are proud to work with Centerplate, a Sodexo company, to bring world-class guest experiences to life at the country's top stadiums, arenas, convention centers, performing arts centers, zoos, aquariums, amusement parks and more. By understanding what matters most-to guests, to fans, to communities-we help make the most of every moment through a strategic approach to hospitality. We craft one-of-a-kind guest experiences that reflect purpose and place, so your presence is valued, your returns are rewarding and your community connections are authentic.
Working for Sodexo:
Our desire to be a leader in each of the industries where we work affords our employees the opportunity to bring on new clients in numerous areas - and continue to grow their careers in almost any direction. At Sodexo, it's possible to have multiple careers all while working for the same company. Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. We offer in-house professional development programs and support our employees who want to pursue external learning opportunities - whether you want to stay on the cutting edge or learn new skills to help you advance into a new type of role.