Nourish has a great Executive Chef 1 (resource lasting up-to 6 months) opportunity in South San Francisco, California. Each day, Nourish Inc.'s expert in-house chefs design their menus based on the highest possible percentage of seasonally available organic, non-GMO ingredients.
This Executive Chef will support new unit openings in the Bay area our ideal candidate will be innovative and driven to create memorable cafe experiences while staying focused on the big picture of supporting our new accounts and serves as a Relief Chef for other Executive Chefs as needed.
- recipe development
- have culinary responsibility
- build and maintain successful relationships with staff
- deliver high-quality food service
The ideal candidate has:
- a solid culinary background,
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards
Accrue paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.