Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact everyday.
Sodexo, leader in quality of life services has an opportunity for a Chef to join our food services team at White Oak Medical Center. We are seeking a Patient Services Executive Chef for White Oak Medical Center located in Silver Spring, Maryland. This is a faith based hospital serving the surrounding area with 180 patient beds. The hospital has outgrown it's capacity and is in the process of adding additional floors to accomidate the needs of the community. Sodexo is looking for an Executive Chef to lead a team of seasoned cooks in the preparation of patient meals following their dietary needs.
Are you the experienced Chef we're seeking?
The Successful Candidate will:
- direct and supervise kitchen operations and designated back of the house staff
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparations are achieved
- engage with peers, colleagues and patrons in a manner that invites interaction and feed back
- utilize Sodexo programs ie: FMS, HACCP, Gold Check Audits, food and safety audits, cleaning schedules and staffing plans
- present quality food, kitchen cleanliness, safety etc.
- train staff and hold them accountable to recipe compliance
Working for Sodexo:
- Are you ready to start your Sodexo career?
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, health-care professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo's unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Not the job for you?
- Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up
- At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Food Service Management jobs here.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.