University Hospitals Samaritan Medical Center is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for a 55 bed hospital located in Ashland OH. In this role you will have direct oversight of the culinary operations for a full-service account utilizing "Expressly For You" or EFY, a room service program in the main hospital and one Retail Venue.
Responsibilities include Menu Planning, Inventory/purchasing, ensuring food safety and sanitation compliance, hands on food preparation, catering, training and leading the culinary team to outstanding results. This is an opportunity for a candidate who thrives in a fast paced environment, has strong leadership skills and has a passion for working hands on with the Culinary staff.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts;
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits; and/or
- C.E.C. (Certified Executive Chef) a plus.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
University Hospitals Samaritan Medical Center is a 55-staffed-bed acute care facility located between two of Ohio's largest cities, Cleveland and Columbus.
We provide state-of-the-art, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)-accredited facilities with equally advanced technology and equipment to fulfill our mission, "To Heal. To Teach. To Discover." combined with our vision, "Advancing the Science of Health & the Art of Compassion."
Our main hospital facility includes a 24/7 emergency department, a Birthing and Women's Unit, a low-risk cath lab and several outpatient clinics.
Additional facilities include a rehabilitation center; health centers on Baney Road and Mifflin Avenue in Ashland and in Loudonville; and medical offices conveniently located throughout Ashland.
Our services includes laboratory, radiology, cardiopulmonary and surgical.