Do you thrive in a fast-paced kitchen environment? Grow your culinary career in a management position with Sodexo!
Sodexo is seeking a Campus Executive Chef to join our team at Clark University in Worcester, MA. Award winning dining program featuring multiple food stations including: cooked to order concepts, Simple servings station for customers with food allergies or gluten intolerance, a vegan station and a Kosher meat kitchen. The culinary operation also includes a retail food court, two on campus coffee shops and an off campus food court. Catering also includes black tie to coffee drops. Located in the heart of Worcester Massachusetts Clark Dining Services at Clark University is delivering exceptional dining experiences every day. Typical hours Monday- Friday 9-7.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for universities: Catering, Retail menus, LTO'S, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, , inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- DRIVE: monitoring, Audits, implementation and standardization for new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- Responsible for keeping and updating food audit books;
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in all operations: retail, catering and residential.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.