As chefs, we have the power to influence lives through the power of food.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for a high profile government agency located in Washington, DC. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to lead the culinary charge. Primary responsibilities will be training and developing the culinary team, inventory and food cost control, safety compliance, and purchasing as needed. Excellent team building skills, client and customer skills, effective cost controls and a passion for outstanding food and service are keys to success. Our government agency contract continues to grow and excellent advancement opportunities await the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will:
- have high-end, fine dining experience;
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities.