Use your passion for food to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve!
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef for it's operations at Good Shepherd Village at Endwell, a deluxe continuing care retirement community in Endwell, NY. Good Shepherd Village is dedicated to meeting the continuing needs of care, support, and assistance through high quality and cutting-edge senior housing services as well as upscale dining plans offering residents multiple options. Our Executive Chef's are responsible for all aspects of the culinary operation from resident dining and food retail to catering. The ideal candidates will have director level, culinary experience in a skilled nursing or clinical setting and experience managing teams with multiple priorities.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for the oversight of the culinary operations, including catering and special events;
- work to develop and grow the menu while managing and controlling food costs, ordering and offering high quality service to our residents;
- provide technical training and expertise, coaching and leadership to the culinary team while working side by side in the operation as needed;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparation are achieved by enforcing compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards;
- create a positive customer service driven environment, drive employee engagement and customer satisfaction through strong leadership skills;
- work to achieve company and client financial targets and goals.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- possess strong experience in healthcare dining, perferrably in a skilled nursing setting;
- is knowledgable of federal, state and local residential care and assisted living regulations;
- have a deep passion for culinary arts, with a desire for creativity, and a strong production background;
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- have a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- have commercial acumen and a good level of computer literacy;
- are enthusiastic, confident and warm;
- have a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail.
Learn more about Good Shepherd Village at Goodshepherdcommunities
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.